What is the fan bearing?
The major function of fan bearing is to make fan blades operated fluently. The purpose of fan bearing is to reduce rotational friction and support axial loads. The fan bearing is the most critical factor in fan lifetime and fan performance. Without fan bearing, a cooling fan cannot work. When choosing a cooling fan, it considers not only airflow and static pressure but also the reliability of fan itself. It determines if a cooling fan can run consistently many years. The fan bearing is the critical role of fan.
Fan bearing comparison
|Fan bearing type||Recommend||Lifetime|
|Noise||Unit Price||TITAN Model|
Consider fan cost
Quieter at low speed in early life
One Ball & One Sleeve
|Environment temperature is higher than 40°C||35,000 hours|
Quieter at high-speed
Two Ball Bearing
|Environment temperature is higher than 40°C||50,000 hours|
Quieter at high-speed
One Ball Bearing
|1. Environment temperature is higher than 40°C|
2. Suitable for Slim fan
Quieter at high-speed
Quieter than Two Ball bearing
1. Operation: 25-40°C
2. Consider longer fan lifetime
3. Consider balance performance and cost
TITAN Fan Bearing Comparison Chart
TITAN Model Illustration
Brief Information of Fan Bearing: Sleeve bearing, ball bearing, and Z-Axis bearing
Sleeve bearing uses oil-base substances as lubrication to reduce friction in operation. The sleeve bearing is the most common bearing types of cooling fan and usually cheapest, but it has the problem of lubrication issue. If the lubricant of fan bearing evaporates and leaks, the fan system would be destroyed and became loudly. The sleeve bearing has a greater concentration of oil lubrication. Therefore, a sleeve bearing fan is most likely to evaporate and became noise in later life.
- Recommend: operation temperature between 25-40°C, consider lower fan cost
- Suitable for low-speed rate and below 90mm cooling fan
- Lifetime (25°C): 25,000 hours
- Noise: Quieter at low speeds in early life
- Cost: Lowest
- TITAN bearing model: S
The ball bearing is a component of balls between the rings and designed to reduce friction and easily rotated. It has a longer lifetime (50,000 hours in 25°C) than sleeve bearing. A ball bearing fan is suitable for higher temperature operation and run more quietly at the high-speed but noisier at the low-speed.
- Recommend: operation environment is higher than 40°C
- Lifetime(25°C): 50,000 hours
- Noise: Quieter at high speeds
- Cost: Higher
- TITAN bearing model: B
TITAN exclusive design fan bearing
TITAN Z-Axis fan bearing is a progress bearing which is fixed the weakness of sleeve bearing and ball bearing. It both has cheaper cost than ball bearing and longer lifetime and reliability than sleeve bearing. TITAN Z-axis bearing is reliable on the worldwide client as well.
- Recommend: Operation temperature between 25-40°C and need longer fan lifetime
- Lifetime(25°C): 60,000 hours
- Noise: fixed the problem of concentration of oil in sleeve bearing.
- Cost: Low
- TITAN bearing model: Z
- Other FAQ
- The major function of fan bearing is to make fan blades operated fluently. The purpose of fan bearing is to reduce rotational friction and support axial loads. The fan bearing is the most critical factor in fan lifetime and fan performance. Without fan bearing, a cooling fan cannot work. When choosing a cooling fan, it considers not only airflow and static pressure but also the reliability of fan itself. It determines if a cooling fan can run consistently many years. The fan bearing is the critical role of fan.TITAN have three major bearing types: Sleeve bearing, Z-AXIS bearing, and Ball bearing. All the cooling fan depends on various need, lifetime, and characteristics to determine bearing choice.Sleeve Bearing: 25°C, lifetime- 25,000 hours Two Ball Bearing: 25°C, Lifetime- 50,000 hours Z-AXIS Bearing: 25°C, Lifetime- 60,000 hoursThere are three critical cooling fan components: IC, Bearing, and Fan blades.Fan bearing defines the lifetime of the cooling fan. According to different bearing types and environment temperature, there is also little difference in a fan lifetime. Following is references:Sleeve Bearing: 25°C, lifetime- 25,000 Hours Z-AXIS Bearing: 25°C, Lifetime- 60,000 Hours Ball Bearing: 25°C, Lifetime- 50,000 HoursYou can choose by working environment and fan characteristics.(1) Fan environment temperature is higher than 40°C, we would suggest Ball Bearing cooling fan. (2) Fan environment temperature is between 25 °C - and needs to a longer fan lifetime, we would suggest you choose Z-AXIS bearing cooling fan. (3) If you have cost consideration and workplace temperature is also between 25-40°C, we would suggest you choose Sleeve bearing cooling fan.If you have further consideration and particular need, please directly contact us. We will give you recommend.
- 2018 Computex Taipei
TITAN will participate in Computex Taipei held on June 5- June 9, 2018. Show our latest cooling fan and related computer cooler.Read More
- USB Tower Cooling Fan for Car & Baby Stroller
This is a USB tower cooling fan for car fan, baby stroller fan, wheelchairs fan or office fan etc.Read More
- USB Ultra-Silent Cooling Fan
Equipped with 140mm professional cooling fan. It is strong airflow, ultra-quiet, and log life time.Read More